The main features of Keemun black tea are: the shape is cord and tight, the luster is Ukraine; tea aroma lasting fragrance, like fruit like orchid fragrance, aroma has special been called “Qimen fragrant” in the international tea market ; the color is bright red transparent, the bottom of tea leaves is bright red with mellow taste, pleasant aftertaste.
Identify Keemun black tea mainly from the following aspects to assess:
- Shape: the cords are tight, even the quality is good, on the contrary, the rope is rough, the degree of uniformity is bad, quality is not good.
- Leaf bottom: the leaf bottom is bright, it is good quality, the leaf bottom is cyanine with dark leaves and more dark strips is inferior.
- Color: Color is black, shiny, the quality is good, on the contrary, the color is inconsistent, dead ash dark tea, the quality is bad.
- Soup color: red soup, soup in the cup of tea on edge formed Golden Circle is excellent, the soup color is less bright, deep color and turbidity for bad soup.
- Taste: the rich flavor is excellent, the taste bitterness is bad, the taste is rough, it is bad.
- Aroma: aroma is rich, it is of good quality, aroma is impure, with the smell of grass, the quality is bad, the aroma is low boredom, the quality is bad.