Historical Memorabilia Chinese teaadmintea
China is the hometown of tea. After a long history of trekking, tea has now taken root in the world. As the birthplace of tea, every Chinese is proud.
Tea has had a lot of big events in history. Today, we share with you a brief history of Chinese tea. As a Chinese who loves to drink tea, it is very necessary to know about it!
Chinese Tea age history
For the Chinese, tea is not only a drink, but also a spiritual symbol of quietness and meditation. After thousands of years, tea has penetrated into every aspect of Chinese life.
1. Shennong Era: 5000 years ago, the Shennong era used raw leaves as a medicinal product.
2, Western Zhou, Eastern Zhou: 3000 years ago, began to artificially cultivate tea trees, when the food.
3, Qin Dynasty: 2300 years ago, began to sip, cook, sip.
4. Han Dynasty:
(Western Han Dynasty) Before 2000, commercialization began, and Chengdu became the earliest distribution center for tea in China.
(East Han) Around 1500, began making tea cakes for transportation.
5. Tang Dynasty: Before 1200 years, influenced by the economy and culture of the Tang Dynasty, the advocacy of Lu Yu’s “Tea Classics”, the tea culture in the Tang Dynasty prevailed.
6, Song Dynasty: 1000 years ago, the improvement of tea craftsmanship, water quality, fighting tea became a trend.
7, the Yuan Dynasty: 700 years ago, began to appear loose tea. The folks mainly focus on loose tea, and the cake tea is mainly used by the royal court. The way to make tea is started, that is, the tea is directly brewed with boiling water. It laid the foundation for the rise of loose tea in the Ming Dynasty.
8. Ming Dynasty: 600 years ago, Zhu Yuanzhang’s waste group was changed, and the processes of yellow tea, black tea and flower tea were successively formed.
9. Qing Dynasty: 300 years ago, Chinese tea was popular in the world, and it was the only tea market in the world. At that time, only China was exported to tea. The process was mainly based on baking and greening, and made oolong tea, black tea, black tea, flower tea, green tea and white tea. .
·1846-1886 was the prosperous period of Chinese tea. The area of tea gardens continued to expand and the production of tea was rapidly increased, which effectively promoted the development of foreign trade.
· 1886-1947, is the decline of China’s tea production, political, economic, and international tea market competition failed.
· From 1950 to 1988, it was the period of recovery and development of tea production in China. The government supported and attached great importance to the restoration of old tea gardens, the establishment of new tea gardens, the improvement of new varieties, the promotion of scientific tea cultivation, and the steady development of tea economy. It makes tea production the second largest in the world.
Three stages of tea utilization
The Chinese ancestors drank tea through four processes: raw medicinal, cooked, cooked, brewed, and brewed. The earliest way for the ancients to use tea was to chew raw food, and later to cook and sip, just as people cook vegetables today. At that time, people only used tea as a soup to drink, or tea for food.
1, medicinal: discovery and use of tea can be traced back to the original period, China’s first drug monograph “Shen Nong’s Materia Medica” has “Shen Nong’s taste of the grass”, the day of the seventy-two poison, can be solved. “Tea is used for medicinal purposes, raw chews, heat, and external application of anti-inflammatory and detoxification.
2, edible: from raw chewing to cooking, tea can be cooked with the food “tea porridge”, or boil, pick up, add seasoning. Today, the Jino people in Yunnan still have “cold tea dishes.”
3, drinking: drinking from eating, from eating to drinking, is the pursuit of the original taste of tea. Modernity still has the custom of drinking tea, and the pastoral area incorporates tea into milk for drinking. There are teas and teas in minority areas.
Changes in the method of drinking tea
1. Tang Dynasty brewing tea method
Before cooking the tea, first crush the tea, boil the water, put the seasoning, and then sprinkle the tea powder into the pot. When drinking, the hot tea will be drunk together with the tea soup, which is called “eat tea”.
The Tang people once liked to add seasonings to the tea soup, such as salt, onion, ginger or orange peel. In the middle of the Tang Dynasty, Lu Yu strongly opposed the way of cooking tea. When cooking tea, add a little salt to taste. Since then, the Tang people have begun to promote the original taste of tea soup, laying the foundation for the tea ceremony.
2, Song Dynasty tea method
The way of drinking tea in the Song Dynasty rose to the height of aesthetics and reached the extreme. They decorated a lot of dragon and phoenix patterns on the tea cake, which is very delicate and called “Longfeng Group Tea”.
First, crush the cake tea into a fine powder and wash the tea with boiling water. In order to make the tea and water blend together, the tea is quickly beaten, the tea is fully blended, and a large amount of white tea foam appears in the tea. Japan’s Matcha Road originated here.
3, Ming Dynasty tea method
In the Ming Dynasty, the tea making method and the tea drinking method were simplified. Zhu Yuanzhang vigorously promoted the loosening of tea, which led to the alienation of tea. In the past, only green tea was used, and later, other teas appeared.
The people of the Ming Dynasty believed that this kind of drinking method was “simple and abnormal, and it was fun to read. It can be described as the true taste of tea”. The method of brewing tea has continued to this day. Tea does not contain any seasonings. It is the original taste and true taste of tea. At the same time, the tea sets and methods used in making tea are also simplified, which is more conducive to the spread of tea culture.